Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Out & About

I like to joke, that I have senior citizen days. That means, that I have to take one of the senior citizens in our family to a doctor or some kind of errand. It’s a funny thing, because these are the people I looked up to and depended on growing up. Now they depend on me.

It’s usually a full morning, sometime a full day or a few days in a row. At the end of these days, I’m usually beat and need a siesta. Then I look back and realize what I would do with out them or them without me. And it ALL comes down to, the love and respect we have for one another. Below are some of my favorite shots of today.

A fly in a spider web. Isn’t nature just wonderful.


First California Poppy in the garden in years.

Mangos at Super King market.

Señor Jesus V. Rodriguez, one of my senior citizens.

4 comments:

  1. I really love the photo of señor Rodriguez. It's one of my best shots of him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Angela. I love what you wrote, and the photos of course; you're a hell of a photographer. I like the feeling of the blog, I can almost hear the sound of your voice talking us through the pictures. I look forward to seeing more of your daily work. Suerte!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend Lupe sent the following comment. It's very sweet...

    Hi Angela,

    The pictures are beautiful and wonderful. Very inspirational! I love them.

    Lupe

    ReplyDelete
  4. One day, we too, will have some lovely human being to take us on our very own senior citizen days! Love from the Cactus!

    ReplyDelete