Friday, May 29, 2009

Late evening

Last night my brother and I joined many at the opening of Lisa Jack’s show of photographs of Barack Obama. It was nice bumping into many photographers I knew. We even met the gentleman who did the actual prints for the show, David Dingo. While I was walking around checking out the images, I mention to my brother, that they were only two or three of the images I really liked, and if it wasn’t photos of Obama. There wouldn’t have been a show. I found all the images flat and the same tone. After speaking to David (photo printer), some of my questions were answered. The negatives were very thin and there wasn’t much to work with for more contrast and depth. That I understood, because some of my early negatives that I developed are very thin and brittle now.

I say lucky for Lisa Jack, the place was packed and she was making some sales. And of course, I have some images.

The crowd

The beer was good.

David Dingo & Dana.

There were lots of mobile photos taken.

The best image in the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment